So in Chicago our plane was delayed by 2 hours. Not cool.
On the plus side, Business Class is A-MAZE-ING! It felt like they came around every few minutes with new presents or food. Freebies included the bag of comfort thingies (yeah I'm tired)...like toothbrush, toothpaste, cologne, ear plugs, chapstick, lotion, sewing kit, etc etc etc. Next they came around with socks and a face mask. They came around with hot towels a few times during the trip (which was nice too!)
Kelly switched seats with the person next to me so we were able to sit together. We got a snack of a couple of kinds of nuts, mixed something or other stuff - it was SPICY! Plus note the real white "table" cloths that were put on our trays for each meal.
For dinner we both picked the chicken curry option. This is what arrived.
I was really confused. What the heck...this is NOT the chicken curry I know! Apparently this was just the first course...chicken curry came later :)
We took little naps and then the flight attendants kept bumping my chair so I kinda looked up and they basically forced food on me. I said I only wanted to try two of the things - and I just took a bite of each. I was SOO tired and definitely not wanting to eat at that point. It's some chicken something or other and a Veg Puff something.
Later, we had breakfast (we both picked scrambled eggs with chicken sausage plus the multitude of other stuff on the plate).
The seats were pretty cool - they laid completely down so you could sleep on your side or stomach or back or whatever. Pretty sweet. Amazing amount of legroom as well!
Crappy movie selection - the "latest English hits" were: The Back-Up Plan, Date Night, Cats & Dogs, Marmaduke, The A-Team, and some random movie I've never heard of. NOT cool for that long of a flight.
We FINALLY arrived in Delhi and were told to get off the plane, we deplaned and then followed the group, we stood in the transfer line only to be told that everybody going to Delhi needed to step to the side cause they had to figure out what to do with us...
20 minutes later, we had to go through a different transfer line and through security again. We finally made it to the gate and on to the plane. This one was way behind as well. We were able to sit in business class again (same exact plane we had been on) only this time we were able to pick our seats because there were only 5 people in business class (with 42 business class seats). The other two guys we talked to in business class watched Marmaduke on that flight...they must have watched the other movies on the previous flight! For dinner on this flight I picked Veg Curry (they don't say Vegetable or Veggie...they say Veg). It was tasty but spicy....definitely had my nose running!
We deplaned in Hyderabad, went through passport control (a new stamp! YAY!), waited forEVER for luggage, went through customs and found our driver. He took us on a 45 minute drive to our hotel. Everything was dark so it was hard to see stuff but here are my first impressions:
There is construction everywhere on the roads - I don't know how they know where to go...crazy U-turns, slow down a crazy amount for HUGE speed bumps, random securtiy checkpoints. Everything was run-down. Dirty. People walking alongside the road that our driver would constantly honk at. Luckily it was so late there were not many other cars on the road.
When we got to the hotel we had to go through security. They looked under our car and in the trunk for explosives I'm guessing. We had to get wanded and feed our bags through an X-ray machine. So crazy.
Anyway. It's almost 2:00 and I have to be downstairs by 9:00 for breakfast - cross your fingers that I can fall asleep!
Poncho Bibs
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment