And so it goes....
I'm incredibly jealous I don't get to go out for Andie's birthday tonight so instead I will blog about the crap I did after work today.
I made it on the 6:58 tram! WOO HOO! The conductors were already in the tram but luckily he opened the door for me. Good start to the ride home. We were in one of the older trams. So a little more rickety and a little louder. But whatever. Got off at Fredricksplein to wait for the 10 tram. Some guy stands next to me while we are standing there waiting and he is shivering UNCONTROLLABLY. Like seriously. I could hear his iPhone/iPod/Phone whatever it was moving. It really made me chuckle out loud a little bit. I didn't think it was that cold (it was -3 per RAI...sorry I don't do conversions).
So I make it on to the 10, I make it off the 10 at Marnixplein and I walk to Albert Heijn to figure out what the heck I'm going to eat for dinner. Andie and Jill were of NO help to me in that department ;)
So I wandered, randomly picked stuff up and put it in my shopping basket and when I went to pay it was 17.35. Seriously - I didn't even buy that much. Oh well. Whatever.
I got home and had to unpack my shopping bag...yes I had to buy one cause I forgot the Shutterfly bag at home.
Here is my purchase. Totally random. Bizarre food purchases. Whatever.
I stir-fried up myself some veggies and microwaved myself some brocolli/potatoes with meatball meal thing...
And I ate. And it was good.
Chocolate for dessert (sorry no picture from tonight but here's pre-eaten chocolate).
And then I thought to myself. Self, everyone else is going to have a drink tonight to celebrate Andie's birthday....you should too.
So thanks to Kat....I can :)
Note -- no mixer. Us (We?) Amsterdammers (Amsterdamians?) can drink vodka (wodka) straight up. Yep.
While I was eating my new not-favorite show ever was on...Style By Jury. They take a person who doesn't look the best, put her in front of a jury (yes I've only ever seen it with a woman being made over), the jury says things like "she looks frumpy, she looks unfriendly, etc etc etc", then during the next week they make her face look better - with haircuts, botox, liposuction in the face, chemical peels, teeth veneers and so on and so forth. Then this lady goes in front of another jury and they say things like "she looks so beautiful, she looks like she is going somewhere, she looks like she is a powerful business executive". It's absolutely ridiculous and corny. I semi-love/hate it. Here's the second jury who "likes her new look"....(it's a Canadian show so it's in English!)
And then I decided it was time to turn the TV off. I researched Luxembourg but can't find anything. BLAH. I want to go there but not if there is nothing to see :) I think it's something like a 7 hour train ride - I'm not doing that in a weekend. I think I need to research cheap airfares or pick a new destination (like Dusseldorf) or maybe I'll just go see monkeys.
I waited forever for my internet to connect,
talked to Amy for a short while on Skype,
And now it's time to do one last dry cycle,
iron my clothes (doesn't this iron look disgusting??),
read a little more Anne Frank (oh Becca and Jill told me Miep died, so sad)
and then hit the hay. I've been so tired this week.
Poncho Bibs
12 years ago









i like pictures! You should post more picture blogs like this....too bad it is awkward to take pictures on the tram. You should take pictures of the things you pass every day! Like your favorite store front window???
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Amsterdamians as your 'type of people' and that you drink it with no mixers.
have a great weekend!
JILL