Friday, February 5, 2010

Painting The Town Red

So apparently it's a 5-star day and I'm supposed to be "painting the town red" tonight.  As a result, I went upstairs for a drink!  My first time (which since I went up, others went up).  But I was completely uncomfortable.  I'm not good at small talk.  Which sucks.  But anyway.  I left after one drink (apple juice and vodka/wodka) with a headache, combination of being uncomfortable, wodka and cigarette smoke.  I have to ask one of the GSC guys if he can send me some of the pictures he took.

Random pictures for your entertainment :)

This is the annoying bag that's been sitting in my apartment since Monday, blocking the hallway.  If you don't know the story...the cleaning people are supposed to come on Thursday.  On Monday after work this was sitting in my apartment and the curtains were opened.  Nothing else (well that I noticed) was changed.  They came on Thursday to clean and this bag didn't move....so on Thursday night I moved it into one of the bedrooms.  It annoys me - why do they just come into my house whenever they want and leave crap laying around?!  Anyway...here's the picture:
Next, pictures for Elissa and Becca - Elissa was wondering about the food and I was explaining that they pretty much mix any vegetable with mashed potatoes and serve it with a meat (usually meatballs or sausage) and gravy.  I've had carrots, broccoli, kale, green beans and I have seen but not tried sauerkraut.  So I got one for dinner tonight so I could take pictures :)  And Becca - I know you LOVE yourself some carrots :)

And a closer view:

Well....there is a special promotion going on right now at Albert Heijn.  Spend 10 euro and get a pack of cards.  OH MY WORD.  If this was Twins I would be all over it :)  I got three packs today (I only spent 11 euros but the lady in front of me didn't want hers!)  I can see where this would be a full time hobby for both young boys and collector old men - there are a LOT of cards of all futbol teams in the Netherlands (the highest number I have is 282).  Anyway - here they are - there are DEFINITELY some cute ones (none named Jaans though, shoot!)

Anway....until tomorrow.....

3 comments:

  1. miralem suljumani (top row, column 2)
    and middle row, middle column are mine!! I call them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I was supposed to call my person in my post. Jill - middle middle is Erton. I'll take Dries, bottom 4th one in :) Since Dries plays for Utrecht...do I need to take a trip there to track him down? Do you think futbol players live in the same city they play for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a little nauseated right now! There is not anough time in the world to pick all those cooked carrots out! Bec

    ReplyDelete