Today was Jaime’s last day of work for 5 days – woo hoo! Today Steve & I toured the Anne Frank house. I cried and Steve rolled his eyes. Then we did some grocery shopping and ate turkey sandwiches at Jaime’s apt. After lunch, we rode the tram to the Rijksmuseum. It is under construction, so all the famous paintings are in one wing. The most famous being Rembrandt including Night Watch that was attacked. Just a couple of blocks away is the Van Gogh Museum. That was way cool! Not only did they have tons of his paintings, but letters too. They also had Monet and Picasso. Steve was done with each room way before me so he would take a break and wait.
Tonight we went to a restaurant that serves Dutch food. Jaime had cauliflower bake, Steve has sausage with sauerkraut, kale, carrot onion potatoes and I had a goat cheese salad with honey and walnuts. We also had goat cheese croquettes with a salad with honey mustard dressing. For dessert, we shared a couple scoops of cinnamon ice cream with a couple peanut cookies. Yummy!!!
Now we are back at Jaime’s apt watching Hope Floats. Did you guys enjoy the music video Steve and I did at the Heineken tour? TTFN
Merry Christmas! I'm not sure if I am doing this right - never blogged before...It sounds like you are having a wonderful time! That Heineken video was "wild" - couldn't imagine what it would have been like had you actually been drinking any beer!! We are going to get socked in with snow - kind of coming from the south and east - pretty much state wide - will stay here now for Chrismtas eve and Christmas day. That's okay - can go sledding and then nap by the fire!!
ReplyDeleteIt's cousin again - I meant that the snow was coming from the south and west - no wonder I couldn't geocache my way out of a parking lot!!
ReplyDelete