I had 4 things on my To Do List today:
1. Go to the grocery store
2. Buy an alarm clock
3. Get a prepaid cell phone
4. Find out how to get to work on Monday
I could NOT get up today. I don't know what my problem is but there isn't enough sleep in the day. I finally took a shower at 12:30ish today and left the house at 1:00 pm for the grocery store. The closest grocery store (11 minutes walking per Google Maps) is at Haarlemmerdijk 1. I bought bread, cheese, crackers, chips, strawberries, carrots, laughing cow cheese, spaghetti noodles, spaghetti sauce, a hand towel, and hand soap.
Of course I forgot the toilet paper (don't worry I still have some left I just wanted extra for when this one does run out. I walked back home to unload the groceries and then headed back out to check off item #2.
Of course I forgot the toilet paper (don't worry I still have some left I just wanted extra for when this one does run out. I walked back home to unload the groceries and then headed back out to check off item #2.
Side note: I am watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition....and crying. Oh crap. (P.S. I think GA and Samantha Who and Private Practice might be on tonight....old episodes but still!)
My first attempt at an alarm clock was Sissy Boy in the mall I went to yesterday (it looked like they sold all sort of stuff). And I did find an alarm clock but it was 25euro - a little much. So I went to a souvenir stand to ask where I could get one. She tried to sell me one that had a windmill on it and had bells (it looked like a souvenir and not an actual working alarm clock) so I told her I wanted a real one. She suggested I go to De Bijenkorf department store. There was an insane amount of people there but I asked an employee for help - and she suggested I look in the iPod section....not quite what I wanted but whatever - maybe it would be around there. Got off the escalator on the 4th floor (found Christmas cards!) and then wandered around until I finally found alarm clocks. I went for the cheapest (10euro) and now I needed to find batteries....the batteries are pretty much as expensive as the alarm clock (6.50euro for 4 AA). I think it works. So that's a plus. I can check off the second item on the list.
Oh and they are getting ready for Santa at the department store - Zwarte Piet's climbing rope - pretty sweet!
Oh and they are getting ready for Santa at the department store - Zwarte Piet's climbing rope - pretty sweet!
I walked, and got lost for awhile, and found my way again after walking all over in circles. I knew I had walked past a couple of cell phone stores when I walked from Leidseplein so I walked all the way back there to walk toward Dam Square to find these stores again (I never found the T-Mobile store I was looking for). I went into some random other cell phone store and both employees were helping other people. I waited about 5 minutes but I was getting hot so I left. I walked into a Vodafone store but all their employees were busy too....so I left there as well. That's for another day I guess. TOO MANY PEOPLE! :)
And I stopped and got a treat - a chocolate covered waffle. Tasty delight :)
And I stopped and got a treat - a chocolate covered waffle. Tasty delight :)
I actually (on accident) walked past where my train stop is going to be if I talk the #4 train to Rai Station. So I know what it looks like and where I have to stand....getting there might be another story though. Hopefully I can figure it out tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to leave here before 8 so it will give me more than an hour to get to work. Ugh. Not looking forward to that walk. Might have to Google walk it for the most direct route there.
Dinner tonight was a prepaid sandwich from Albert Heijn (walked past again and decided I needed a sandwich, two bananas and water).
So yeah. Not much exciting happened today but I did get out of the house I guess...
Time to clean up - who knows when the cleaning people are coming and I should probably clean off the table.
Random thoughts - last night I slept on the couch. Probably tonight too. Too many issues. Ugh.


No comments:
Post a Comment