Friday, November 13, 2009

trep⋅i⋅da⋅tion /ˌtrɛpɪˈdeɪʃən/ [trep-i-dey-shuhn]

Wow. The email arrived in my work inbox at 3:01 am. "I have good news, your residence permit application has been approved and you can now start working in the Netherlands."

After many many emails back and forth this morning I booked a flight to Amsterdam. For Monday. A little more than 72 hours away. For three months.

I'm nervous. What do I need to bring? What do I need to shop for before I leave? Where is my apartment? Will it be ready when I get there? How do I get from the apartment to the office? Or from the airport to my apartment for that matter? Will I like my job? Will I be able to do it? How will I learn what I need to know (both at work and in life)?

I know I'll figure it all out - maybe not perfectly all the time but I'll get everything in place. Because I have to. There is no other option. Sounds like the end of the world. Not quite but still pretty spectacular.

Now. To start making lists. To start packing. To start shopping. To start planning. To start changing.

1 comment: