Happy Thanksgiving to everyone (or the one person two people! who reads this). I hope there was a lot of turkey and stuffing and gravy and mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes and green beans and oh I'm SOOOO jealous!
Today. Just a regular working day although I learned a lot more from Dorothe today. Apparently, in the Amsterdam office they get 26 vacation days. 26 DAYS!!!!!!! Yes, I'm jealous. Then I mentioned that we get 6 sick days. She was shocked that it was only 6. She said in AMS, they can have as many as they need - one guy has been out for months (yes, that word is PLURAL) and they still get paid. That's insane. It seems like someone is out "sick" everyday. Dorothe seems to think that it would make people come into work sick and then get everyone else sick...which I guess could be true but at the same time - are people in AMS taking days off just cause they don't want to go into work??
I ate my peanut butter sandwich again for lunch (getting sick of it already.....not good...I have 2 1/2 months of it left!) I left work at 6ish and when I got of the train at Damrak the stage they had been setting up on my way to work was completely up and people were standing around it....so I of course had to investigate what was going on. The sign said:
Clearly there was going to be some sort of presentation or concert with Lisa and Alain and something would light up. Hmmm...this could be good. I am here at the right time. I even have some extra time :) So I went to Sissy Boy to see how much their blankets were (>100 Euro=not cool) and I went to Albert Heijn AGAIN to get dinner (kip pesto salad - nice Thanksgiving Day meal).
I walked back to Dam Square and Lisa Lois was singing. Apparently they really like the song "Hallelujah" as this is the second time since I've been here I've heard someone sing the song in Dam Square....
Then Alain Clark came out and sang. He had about 10 people on stage with him. It was kinda a little crazy. Both singers sang in English (a little disappointed about that!) Alain Clark is the one on the left...
There was a big production of pulling out this thing that would light something up....still didn't understand WHAT exactly was being lit...and then all of a sudden people were looking past the left side of the stage (I was on the right of course) and the Department Store's Christmas lights were on. Seriously. All this hulabaloo for a department stores lights. Awesome.
I walked home, ate my chicken pasta salad and did absolutely nothing....per usual.
I'm just THANKFUL tomorrow is Friday.Then Alain Clark came out and sang. He had about 10 people on stage with him. It was kinda a little crazy. Both singers sang in English (a little disappointed about that!) Alain Clark is the one on the left...
There was a big production of pulling out this thing that would light something up....still didn't understand WHAT exactly was being lit...and then all of a sudden people were looking past the left side of the stage (I was on the right of course) and the Department Store's Christmas lights were on. Seriously. All this hulabaloo for a department stores lights. Awesome.
I walked home, ate my chicken pasta salad and did absolutely nothing....per usual.
82 more days until I come home....

I LOVE the song Hallelujah, apparently I am meant to be in Dam Square. That is cool that you happened upon the concert thingy in the park.
ReplyDeleteMy turkey day was good. long. the 5k was my favorite part so far.
82 days, will fly by.
oh, i'm probably the 1 person who read this, eh?
ReplyDeleteHey! I read this!
ReplyDeleteYEAH!! 2 people read it! WOO HOO! I'll edit my blog ;)
ReplyDelete